We at the typesofchicken.com team try to stay influential and true with our readers, and since many of you were interested in our opinion on the Keeping Rhode Island Red Chickens – that is what we will give you.Instead of just writing the pros and cons of keeping this breed of chickens, we will do our best to help you understand each of them. Remember that this article is written especially for the people who are planning to raise these chickens in their backyard.
1. Pros Of Keeping Rhode Island Red Chickens
1. The Rhode Island Red Chickens are very good egg layers. What makes this breed of chickens famous for their egg production is that because of their layer of feathers and a slightly different anatomy they can be good egg layers during the winter. It is a fact that you need to treat them as any other chicken in the winter but the chances are that The Rhode Island Red Chickens will be the most productive.
If you feed your Rhode Island Red Chickens in the way we at the typesofchicken.com team suggested you feed your chickens to get the best eggs some time ago, we guarantee that you will be left without words of the quality of eggs this breed can provide.
2. Another thing that makes this breed of chickens special is that they are t only very good egg layers but their meat is also of very high quality. The same layer of feathers that helps this breed of chickens to be more productive during the winter is one of the reasons why their meat is of very high quality.
This makes their immune system stronger and thus they are slightly healthier than many other breeds. This is why many people are complimenting on the meat that this breed provides.
3. Their look – the strong red color of their feathers and their proud stance is what makes the Rhode Island Red Chickens a true sight. They are one of the most beautiful breeds of chickens and that in our book is a true pro for this chicken breed.
2. Cons Of Keeping Rhode Island Red Chickens
1. This is where it gets a bit tricky, the Rhode Island Red Chickens are a very proud breed of chickens and that is why sometimes they get moody. They want your attention, and it is like they know that they are special.
If they are not satisfied with the way you are treating them they will show you – they will turn aggressive towards you or they will start ignoring your presence. This can affect your entire flock so before deciding to breed the Rhode Island Red Chickens make sure that you have the time to make them feel a bit special.
2. There are not many left of this breed, this makes them more expensive than other breeds. Getting to this breed can be a problem for many backyard chicken enthusiasts. It will take some effort but if you have the right sources I am sure that you can find a good source for this breed.
If you manage to get this breed make sure that your Rhode Island Red Chickens get the chicken coop they deserve. We at the typesofchicken.com team used this manual to get the specifics for our chicken coops and although we do not own any Rhode Island Red Chickens we are sure that a chicken coop made from this manual will make them feel comfortable and happy.